ADERO SCOTTSDALE OPENS AS REGION’S ONLY DARK SKY ZONE RESORT
New Autograph Collection Hotel Embraces Sonoran Desert Setting Connecting Guests to the Outdoors
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (October 20, 2020) – On October 15, 2020, ADERO Scottsdale, an Autograph Collection Hotel, officially made its debut as Scottsdale’s first Dark Sky Zone resort, featuring elevated Sonoran Desert views of Arizona’s famed Four Peaks and McDowell Mountain Range. The new resort joins Autograph Collection’s diverse and dynamic portfolio of hotels and resorts around the world that are independent, one-of-a-kind, and champion values of vision, design, and craft.
Named after the iconic canyon that surrounds the idyllic resort, ADERO is spread out over 17 wide-open acres offering convenient access to 55,000 acres of desert terrain. The resort aspires to be guests’ gateway to the outdoors and serves as a basecamp for the adventure enthusiast compelled by Arizona’s spiritual oasis. Guests are intentionally connected to the wonder of the resort’s natural setting with an invigorating offering of nature experiences, art, local cuisine, culture, outdoor adventure and fitness activities – from sunrise yoga among the canyons to picturesque hikes and exhilarating mountain bike rides. The spirit of the ADERO brand – with intended and elevated experiences and amenities – reflects a true sense of place and offers a modern sanctuary inspired by the living elements of its location in the rugged Sonoran Desert.
“We are extremely proud to open our doors at ADERO Scottsdale and welcome visitors and the local community to Scottsdale’s newest luxury boutique resort,” says Owner and Developer Bill Hinz. “Our guest experience is exactly like nothing else, filled with year-round adventure that can be enjoyed within our walls and beyond to the desert terrain beckoning our guests outdoors for exploration and environmental stewardship. We’ve curated a destination offering meaningful wellness and fitness activities, hands-on celestial programming, and an open-air restaurant with breathtaking desert and mountain views.”
DESIGN + ACCOMMODATIONS
ADERO was created to exist in perfect harmony with its surrounding areas, mixing modern convenience with elemental elegance. The six-story resort features 177 guest rooms including 16 oversized suites outfitted with the latest technology, custom furniture, a simple design palette that reflects the colors of sunrise, thoughtful trailhead-inspired dreamcatchers and expansive balconies. More than 95 percent of the accommodations are positioned to take in the panoramic mountain vistas while offering guests privacy. All guest rooms have their own air conditioning systems, avoiding circulated air and allowing guests to travel at ease. Amenities for an optimal sleep experience include botanical lyocell bedding to stay cool as well as blackout draperies. The property offers five guest room categories, including Sunrise Guest Rooms in the adult-only wing, the only one of its kind in the Valley featuring a fireplace in each room. Perched on the southernmost end of the resort, the Signature Dark Sky Suites boast a separate living area that extends into a wraparound balcony to take in the dramatic views. Additionally, the 800-square-foot ADERO Presidential Suite is located on the top floor boasting captivating views in every direction from the wraparound balcony with corner panel sliding doors, creating an unparalleled indoor/outdoor living experience. The design of ADERO was led by Scottsdale-based Allen + Philp Partners Architecture and Interior Design and MONOGRAM Hospitality Interiors at BBGM, and Aqua-Aston Hospitality, a leading hotel and resort management group.
PROGRAMMING & PARTNERSHIPS
● Adventure Guides: With endless adventure easily accessible from the resort, ADERO’s Adventure Guides are available on site to assist guests in arranging tours to explore the nearby trails from morning to night, including the Adero Canyon Trail accessible from the resort and Sunrise Trail just 10 minutes away. ADERO guests also have direct access to golf, tennis and biking excursions led by McDowell Mountain Cycles.
- Adventure Center: In partnership with REI Co-op, ADERO offers a variety of offsite guided excursions including hiking, mountain biking and kayaking for guests of all skill levels.
- Rattlesnake Pavilion: The one-of-a-kind art installation for locals and guests encourages the preservation of the surrounding nature trails as it serves as a rest stop – equipped with bike racks, a water station and seating – while paying homage to one of the region’s most iconic desert creatures.
- Nature Trail: In partnership with local non-profit Sonoran Trail Blazers, ADERO offers guests a one-mile Nature Trail, characterized by an abundance of indigenous flora, directly accessible from the property.
- The Mark: As an Autograph Collection Hotel, ADERO offers two signature moments that further enhance the guest experience, while promoting the hotel’s stewardship to the Living Desert:
- Daily Sky Chart: QR codes are placed in-room for guests to view the Daily Sky Chart in addition to information about ADERO’s Dark Sky Zone and the many ways to enjoy the night sky at the resort.
- Stargazing: After sunset the night sky comes alive, and ADERO Scottsdale invites guests to the Stargazing Lawn to soak in the Dark Sky community while enjoying light bites and drinks. On select evenings the resort offers binoculars and telescopes with guided stargazing from the “Star Dudes,” ADERO’s Dark Sky Zone experts.
ADERO Scottsdale’s signature restaurant, CIELO, meaning ‘sky,’ provides an elevated dining experience and one of the best views in Arizona – sitting at more than 2,200 feet high – with ample outdoor seating and panoramic windows showcasing the wide-open wonder of the Sonoran Desert. Led by Director of Chef & B Bryan Dillon, CIELO offers a unique farm-to-table-to-sky philosophy featuring inventive fare infused with regionally sourced ingredients, a curated selection of tequila and mezcal cocktails, and partnerships with local companies including Bone Haus Brewing. The culinary team has a deep appreciation for regionally sourced ingredients and works hand-in-hand with local farmers and purveyors to offer simple, sustainable, and seasonal cuisine from a breathtaking perspective. Celebrating Terra (Earth), Sol (sun), and Luna (moon), CIELO’s three distinct menus delivers an elevated culinary experience with every plate and pour. Link to CIELO menus here.
THE SPA AT ADERO
Find balance at the resort’s boutique spa, which boasts a menu of invigorating body and facial treatments offering the healing benefits of amethyst and desert minerals along with mindful wellness experiences like Sunrise Yoga, guided meditation, and intuitive readings. Signature treatments include the Amethyst Massage using Amethyst-infused oil to release tension and stress in the body and mind, inviting a peaceful mindset, and the Turquoise Rain Salt Scrub featuring a native blue corn, aloe and turquoise-infused body polish. Turquoise, referred to as a “sky stone” among Native Americans, is a master healer known for toning and strengthening the body and regenerating tissue. Link to spa menu here.
THE CLUB AT ADERO
Choose your own fitness adventure beginning with a new 5,300-square-foot Wellness Center that offers the intensity of leading-edge cardio and strength-training equipment, a spin studio complete with Peloton bikes, group fitness classes, and personal lessons. Outdoor sports and recreation include a well-regarded tennis program, adults-only lap pool and oversized resort pool, convenient access to Sunridge Canyon Golf Club that is an easy walk from ADERO, and miles of hiking and biking trails featuring stunning desert views.
MEETINGS AND WEDDINGS
ADERO is equipped with more than 16,800 square feet of versatile indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. The natural setting and newly built event venues – combined with the resort’s exclusive programming – make for unique group experiences with the Sonoran Desert as the backdrop. Team building activities like volunteer trail work and wildlife habitat renewal allow for a deeper connection with the environment. Groups can choose from six unique meeting venues including Four Peaks Lawn, Four Peaks Ballroom, Four Peaks Terrace with a pre-function space, Red Mountain Room, Red Mountain Lawn and the Sonoran Room. All event spaces provide an idyllic setting with expansive views of the desert surroundings that can each be reconfigured depending on event needs.
COMMITMENT TO CLEAN
As a luxury Autograph Collection hotel, ADERO Scottsdale upholds the Marriott Commitment to Clean:
- Proper physical distancing with spaced tables, seating, floor markers, and signage throughout the resort
- Reduced capacities in all areas to ensure plenty of space to social distance
- Daily deep cleaning of high-touch areas including the lobby, front desk, spa, fitness center, and kitchen
- Single-use menus, QR codes and contactless room service
- Masks required in all public areas, except while guests are seated or in the pool
- Dining parties limited to 10 or fewer per table to adhere with all orders
- All food & beverage taking the necessary protocols for safe service including additional staffing, single use, protective equipment, etc.
Starting rates for ADERO Scottsdale begin at $359. For more information, visit www.ADEROScottsdale.com or call 310-722-7066. Follow @ADEROScottsdale on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. For more information about Autograph Collection Hotels please visit www.autographhotels.com.
About Autograph Collection Hotels
Autograph Collection Hotels advocates for the original, championing the individuality of each of its over 180 independent hotels located in the most desirable destinations across more than 30 countries and territories. Each is a product of passion and a personal realization of its individual founder’s vision, making each hotel singular and special: Exactly Like Nothing Else. Hand-selected for their inherent craft and distinct perspectives on design and hospitality, Autograph Collection hotels offer rich immersive moments that leave a lasting imprint. For more information, please visit www.autographhotels.com, and explore our social media channels on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook or follow along to be inspired by immersive moments that are #ExactlyLikeNothingElse. Autograph Collection Hotels is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the new name of Marriott’s travel program replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz- Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG). The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and unparalleled benefits including earning points toward free hotel stays and nights toward Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visit MarriottBonvoy.marriott.com